While the primary purpose of our integrated report is to explain to our long-term providers of financial capital how Barloworld creates value over time, we also reflect on the wider impact of our value-creation activities on all our key stakeholders.
Our integrated reporting is guided by various codes and standards. These include:
- The King Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa, and the accompanying Code on Corporate Governance for South Africa (King IV)
- The International Integrated Reporting Council Framework
- The Companies Act 71 of 2008 (as amended)
- The JSE Listings Requirements
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines
Strategic overview with Chief Executive,
2017 marked the 115th year of Barloworld's existence; a year of change and transition as we focused on how to ensure our continued existence for more years to come. It is a privilege to have been given the opportunity to lead the organisation into the future since my February 2017 appointment as chief executive of the group.